I have worked in the Building Envelope Construction industry for over 30 years, with the majority of my experience being in the Production and Design Management of Curtain Walling and Cladding Systems.
I have worked in – UK & Ireland; Dubai-UAE; Doha-Qatar; Singapore; Hanoi-Vietnam; Manama-Bahrain; Auckland & Christchurch-NZ.
Throughout those years my duties have included:
- Managing and planning all Design Office activities,
- Managing CAD Technicians and Structural Engineers,
- Attending Design Team Meetings with Clients/Architects/Contractors,
- Reviewing detailed design drawings for submittal to the Design Team,
- Working with the Design Team to provide Value Engineering,
- Full involvement in the off-Site Testing of Full Scale Mock Ups,
- Reviewing fabrication drawings and schedules for manufacture,
- Working with Production teams to improve the end product,
- Providing Construction / Technical back up to the Site Teams.
- Troubleshooting Design and Installation Issues.
I am currently a Member of the Society of Façade Engineering, an Affiliate Member of the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers. Member Number # 57387.